5 Reasons to Book a Massage during a Ski Holiday
Massage is an excellent solution to aches and pains created on Morzine’s ski slopes. Whether you are a beginner, annual skier or seasoned pro, skiing is one of the best ways to enjoy winter. It’s now just under 50 days until the lifts open here in the Portes du Soleil and we are definitely getting excited for winter!
After a day on the mountain it’s not uncommon to get back to your More Mountain afternoon tea with tired legs - especially on those epic powder days!! I’m Martha, Martha Perry Massage Therapy I’ve been in the mountains since 2013 and know all too well the strains and pains you can get from mountain sports. As a mountain lover, I understand how frustrating an injury can be, especially on those blue sky days!
Often, ignoring small problems can lead to bigger issues. There’s a quote that says ‘Listen to your body when it whispers and you won’t hear it scream’. This resonates strongly with winter mountain sports and is a motto we should definitely live by! Skiing and snowboarding uses muscles that you might not use in day-to-day life. Massage can help these muscles recover, meaning you’re back on the slopes faster. An apres-ski massage is an essential and your body will definitely thank you for it!
So here are 5 reasons from Martha Perry Massage Therapy why a massage will enhance your holiday with More Mountain.
1. Reduce Muscle Pain and Tension. Massage helps relax tired muscles and promotes muscle healing, meaning you are back on the mountain with fresh legs each day of your holiday.
2. Relax and Treat Yourself. Enjoy the luxury of More Mountain to the maximum. A massage paired with a dip in the chalets luxury hot tub and you will definitely feel rejuvenated.
3. Improve Range of Motion. Massage targets tightness within muscles and activates inactive muscles, helping them play their part. Overall, this improves the quality of your range of movement. More responsive muscles mean more progress can be made on the slopes.
4. Mobile Massage. At More Mountain you can enjoy an in-house massage as Martha works fully mobile. Of all the benefits, the best is that directly after your massage, you can relax straight from the massage table into your More Mountain dressing gown.
5. Improve Circulation. Getting oxygen to your muscles in the most efficient way is especially important for people who suffer during their ski holiday with cold hands and feet. Massage encourages blood flow, increasing circulation. Super important on really cold winter days.
You can benefit from a range of mobile treatments offered directly in More Mountain Chalets - there’s something for everyone! The full range of treatments offered by Martha Perry Massage Therapy can be found on the website and all are offered in both our catered and self catered properties. For more information on how you can enjoy a massage during your holiday, please contact us or Martha directly to make your booking.