Dog Friendly Holidays
Inspired by our CPO (Chief Pup Officer), Figsy the Fox Terrier, our Alpine Pups package will equip even the most discerning of doggos with everything they need to stay comfortable, entertained and nourished whilst holidaying with their Mum's and Dad's in the French Alps!
The Alpine Pups package is available for stays at a number of our carefully selected luxury self-catered chalets and apartments in Morzine.
The package is an additional €150 Euros for a week’s stay for one dog and covers additional cleaning costs. Whilst in the apartment, we will also provide you with food and water bowls, poo bags, a doggy towel, plus some delicious treats for your fur babies.
Each dog friendly apartment can accommodate ONE small to medium sized dog up to 15kg at any given time. Ideally if your pup is non shedding this is even more favourable. If you are unsure about bringing your pooch or you have two doggos - just drop us a message and we'll let you know if we feel we can offer a suitable option for you and your pup.
All we ask is that you abide by our House Rules for Dogs.
Dogs love riding the gondolas and trotting the scenic routes, exploring the region’s oasis of hidden trails, winding paths and beautiful natural lakes in the summer, and its snow-covered peaks and winter wonderland valley walks during the winter. Morzine is a dog-friendly town that is home to many pups and warmly welcomes man’s best friend across its community of shops, restaurants and bars.
Our dog-friendly apartments are best suited to furry friends because they have either fully or part enclosed gardens and secure terraces, making outside space safe and independent. The apartments are also close to great walks and opportunities to let your dog roam free.
Going the Extra Mile : We can also connect you with one of our trusted and recommended local dog sitters or dog walkers - Perfect if you want to go out for the day and leave your pup in capable hands whilst you enjoy yourselves worry free!
We provide information on bringing your dog to France (requirements including pet passport, microchipping etc). Feel free to read our Doggy Blog here for more of the lowdown on why Morzine is great for pups.
As dog owners ourselves, we know that they’re very much part of the family and should feature in our happiest times. Figsy is a huge part of our lives! There’s so much opportunity to share precious holiday time with your dog whilst staying with us - whether that’s frolicking in the snow, tackling the ultimate mountain hike, or curling up together in front of the fire inside in a More Mountain Apartment or Chalet!
Please note : Each dog friendly apartment can accommodate ONE small to medium sized dog up to 15kg at any given time. Ideally if your pup is non shedding this is even better. We ask that your dog is well behaved and you will be given a copy of our House Rules for Dogs on arrival. If you’d like to see a copy in advance, please contact us. Accommodating two dogs in one apartment is at the discretion of More Mountain.
Interested in bringing your dog and booking the Alpine Pups package?
Call us on 0033 686 021 805
Our apartments and chalets are beautifully furnished and presented in an immaculately clean condition for you and we wish to keep them that way – otherwise they wouldn’t be ‘luxury’ apartments for very long!
Therefore, while we are very welcoming of you and your pup and accept well behaved dogs up to 15kg, we do have a few house rules necessary to maintain our luxury properties which we hope you understand and abide by:
- Dogs are only allowed in specific apartments – if you have friends staying in another of our apartments please check if we allow dogs there.
- We only accept house trained pets over the age of 1 year.
- Dogs are not allowed on the furniture specifically sofas and beds, even with covers applied.
- Please note any dog poop in the garden or around the property, including car parks must be picked up immediately and disposed of responsibly.
- Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms at any time, if you are leaving your dog in the apartment please close off bedroom doors.
- Dogs must be clean and brushed before entering the apartment.
- If you have been out for a muddy walk please wash off and dry your dog before entering the apartment.
- We do not guarantee that our gardens and outdoor spaces are secure, therefore please watch your dog whilst they are using the garden.
- We do clean the apartment after your stay, however if additional cleaning is necessary over and above the normal changeover clean there will be a €150 cleaning fee incurred.
- Owners are liable for any damage caused by their dog to our properties both inside and out.
- Any complaints that arise as a result of noisy dogs must be dealt with by the owner.
- We reserve the right to ask any dog to be removed from the apartment at any time.
- Your booking is accepted on the basis that you have agreed to comply with our house rules.
Lots of our guests choose More Mountain for our high cleaning standards. We do recognise however, that many of our guests don’t have pets and they don’t want to know that a pet may have stayed at the property before them. For this reason, alongside our house rules for pets, our cleaning standards are incredibly high, so you shouldn’t be able to tell a dog has stayed before you.
If we find your dog has been where they shouldn’t – ie. the bedrooms or on any furniture – or caused any kind of damage whatsoever or caused us extra cleaning costs, then we will charge you for the extra cleaning costs and repairing the apartment and its furnishings to the previous condition.