What's New this Winter - 2022
After confirmation that lifts will open this winter, we can now get excited about welcoming you all to the resort! We can't wait to have you back in the mountains to discover or rediscover all it has to offer this winter season.
The Morzine and Avoriaz ski domains are in the heart of Europe’s largest cross-border ski area, with 650km of slopes, there are constant developments both on and off the slopes. So here is a look at what is new this year.
Firstly, incase you missed them during the 19/20 season that was cut short, there are 2 new lifts from the Lindarets bowl to the Swiss border. Léchére and Cases lifts replaced the old 3 man lift and are far more efficient way of getting you to Switzerland for a day of exploring across the border!
There is a new Belvedere chairlift at the top of Pleney, which will speed up your commute to the Morzine/Les Gets ski area. A speedy, 6 man chair lift will now whisk you from the top of the Pleney telecabine to the slopes and beyond. The new lift will be opening in December 2021.
Next up, there are lots of improvements around Nyon! The cable car is now more accessible with a new covered escalator which takes you directly to the cable car from the car park. The Nyon plateau also has so much more:
- a dedicated area for beginners, with covered ski carpet
- a fun Snow Park and Border Cross area
- a new snowshoe hiking trail and sledge run
- a new viewing platform at the top of Pointe de Nyon with epic mountain views and easily accessible via the Pointe chair lift
- the The Winter Park of Les Aigles du Léman is a unique chance to get up close to the magnificent birds of prey. There is also an enchanted forest play area and the largest indoor ball pool in France, so fun for all the family!
It’s not all just happening on the slopes, we also have some great new eateries in town too. Things have changed and the way we eat has changed too, so whether you are eating out or ordering in, there are so many more places to chose from.
- Le Colibri is back with its spacious and bright restaurant in the centre of Morzine offering up homemade, family friendly cuisine all day.
- Le Local opened up this summer with delicious food, cakes and drinks for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. And all from the old Sherpa bar (who remembers the Star Wars loo?).
- Au p'tit Casse Croute has sandwiches, coffee and cakes for a quick bite, right at the top of Rue de Bourg.
- Improviste offers artisan pizzas made in a traditional pizza oven and they deliver throughout town!
Morzine and the Portes du Soleil continuously work hard to make improvements to our experience and use of the mountains! This coming winter they have made no exception!